We made a chicken noodle stir fry and we think you’ll love it!
Stir fried veggies are so simple to make, especially if you buy the pre-made packets from your local supermarket. They usually cost around £1 from Tesco, which means you can afford to spend more when it comes to the other ingredients.
Our recipe feeds 3 peckish people or 1 one very hungry student who’s at that stage right before student finance comes in.
- 3 rice noodle bundles (1 per person)
- A packet of stir fry veggies
- Shredded chicken (we used 4 drumsticks but you can use whatever meat, fish or vegan replacement you want)
- Half a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- a spoonful of Honey (add more or less if you like)
- A dollop of Oyster sauce
- Soy sauce
- Teaspoon or two of cooking oil
- Some chilli oil (however much you want)
1, Wash the rice and soak it in hot water until soft
2, Stir fry the veggies and halfway through then add the onions
3, Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce together
3, Add the chicken, drain and add noodles then add the sauce and mix thoroughly.
But before you make it, have a look at our video to find out some tips about student eating in Lincoln.
If you give our recipe a try, make sure you take a snap and tweet it to us!